Faith Formation Registration
Dear Parents and Students:
Welcome to a new year of Faith Formation and Youth Ministry at Santa Maria del Mar. We are very excited to have all our wonderful Catechists, Core Team members and young people back with us again.
As your children embark on this year’s journey of faith, we would like to remind you of the foundations of our religion so that we can work together to instill these traditions in our children. The Precepts of the Catholic Church are the minimum action required of Catholics. These precepts remind us that Christian life requires a commitment to prayer and active participation in the liturgy and sacraments.
THE SEVEN PRECEPTS OF THE CHURCH
- To keep holy the day of the Lord’s Resurrection; to worship God by participating in Mass every Sunday and on the holy days of obligation; to avoid those activities that would hinder renewal of the soul and body on the Sabbath.
- To lead a sacramental life; to receive Holy Communion frequently and the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation regularly.
- To study Catholic teaching in preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation; to be confirmed, and then to continue to study and advance the cause of Christ.
- To observe the marriage laws of the Church; to give religious training.
- To strengthen and support the Church – one’s own parish community and parish priests, the worldwide Church and the Pope.
- To do penance, including abstaining from meat and fasting from food on the appointed days.
- To join in the missionary spirit and work of the Church.
We look forward to getting to know each of you and working with you as we pass on the story of our Catholic faith to our children.
Youth Ministry and Coordinator of Religious Education